Recipes from Home
2 oz Lot 40 Canadian Rye
1 oz Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
2 dashes Bittercube Cherrybark-Vanilla Bitters
Build all ingredients in a rocks glass & stir
Garnish with lemon peel, Luxardo Cherry
3 cups of brussel Sprouts, cut in half root and tarnished leaves removed
3 oz Sweet Chili Vinaigrette
2 tbsp Sliced Green Onions tops only
1. Fry brussels sprouts 350 degree fryer for 1 minute.
2. Allow the brussel to drain for 10 seconds.
3. Toss in 3 oz of the Sweet Chili Vinaigrette until fully coated with sauce.
4. Top with the sliced green onions.
Sweet Chili Vinaigrette
2 cups Sweet thai chili sauce
1 cups Lime Juice
4 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp Honey
5 oz Green Onions bottom only (Use the tops for garnish)
1. Soak onions in cold water minutes to allow dirt particles to fall off.
2. After five minutes drain the water and give the onions a rinse under running cold water.
3. Blend together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and reserve for use.
Rohr's Turkey Brine
7 bags, Black Tea
2 Jalapenos, halved
5 lb Fresh Ginger, sliced
10 Cardamon Pods
2 Bay Leaves
.5 lb Salt
24 oz. Sugar
2 gallons Water
1 gallon Ice
1. Add all of the dry ingredients and tea to a large pot.
2. Cut the fruit in half and squeeze juice into pot as well as the fruit.
3. Add the water and whisk until the sugar and salt dissolve.
4. Wait ten minutes for the tea to steep.
5. Add the ice and refrigerate.
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup (about 4) mashed bananas
1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Cream the softened butter with the sugar.
4. Add the vanilla extract to the sugar and butter.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping after each addition.
6. Fold in the mashed bananas until combined.
7. Add the dry ingredients and the sour cream, alternate the two until they have both been incorporated.
8. Bake in a loaf pan for 55-65 minutes (covered in foil), or in silicone molds for 20-25 minutes