Rohr's Whiskey Braised Corned Beef
8-10 lb Corned Beef, cured & raw
3 lb Onions, halved
375 ml Irish Whiskey
8 oz Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
4 oz Parsley
1 oz Thyme
1 to fit Peppercorn
2 ea Bay Leaf
1 c Garlic
8 ea Apples, halved + no seeds
5 ea Cinnamon Sticks
2 ea Star of Anise Pods
5 ea Cardamon Pods
4 oz Grapeseed Oil
1 gal Apple Cider
1 lb Brown Sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then heat a large enough braising pan that can fit the brisket & all ingredients on the stove on medium heat.
2. Add the oil to the pan & allow it to get hot. Once the oil is hot, sear the brisket in the oil fat side down first. Allow to cook for 5 minutes until the fat turns golden brown. Flip & sear the other side for 5 minutes as well.
3. Remove the brisket from the pan and sear the apples and onions until they're golden brown, deglaze the pan with the whiskey, add the spices and herbs.
4. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic & apple cider.
5. Stir the liquid to make sure that all ingredients are mixed. Cover the pan with foil & bake for 3 hours.
6. Remove the brisket from the liquid. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!